Monday, March 16, 2009

Float On


Float On
A few weeks ago, I opened a copy of Richmond's Skirt magazine and promptly devoured three personal essays I found inside: Stacy Appel's "Undercurrents," Christine Mason Miller's "Time Out" and Phyllis Theroux's "Dream Time."

The theme and messages of this month's issue could not have come at a better time for me.

As I transition out of a job I held for three years and attempt to find my way along a new path of my own making, I have found myself feeling overwhelmed and anxious at the thought that I am in control of my own future.

What if I make the wrong decision and miss out on a golden opportunity? What if I take a step in one direction and then, a few years later, wish I had gone a different route?

The words of wisdom in these essays eased my anxieties and reassured me that I am in the right place for me right now.

I am nourished by the idea that sometimes the wisest choice we can make is to relinquish control and let the invisible currents of life "carry us forward with intelligence we can't quite perceive."

No comments:

Post a Comment