Sunday, January 17, 2010

Things that give me pause

Morandi - My new favorite spot in NYC's West Village. Tile floors, wood paneling, soft lighting and amazing ambiance. Not to mention the simple yet flavorful Italian food. The Picci al Limone is a pleasant surprise.


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - The title doesn't do this book justice. Stieg Larsson presents suspense and sadism in a vividly portrayed Swedish town.


It's Complicated - I'm still trying to decide what I liked best about this movie: the hysterical story line, drool-inducing kitchen scenes or to-die-for decor.


Paris to the Moon - Just as enjoyable and inspiring the second time around as it was the first time. Adam Gopnik's perspective on French (and expatriate) culture, while occasionally trop intellectuelle, is ever insightful and astute.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I went to Morandi on New Year's day! SO fab! xoox

    ReplyDelete